Taking the quarter-life crisis global!

Thursday, March 6, 2008

Big Brother

Word of the day: Scotch egg
Now I know this is going to sound gross, but I, of course, love it. It is hard-boiled egg coated with sausage and bread crumbs and deep-fried. Heart attack on the side.

Big Brother is Watching You

It recently came to my attention that I haven't expressed in this blog just how "on film" one is in Britain. There are CCTV cameras everywhere. Check out this footage of a guy starting a nightclub fire:




In some ways, having the cameras makes me feel better, but then again, I don't know that I feel like it will keep me from getting mugged, only that they might catch the perpetrator later! And how comforting is that really?

Apparently the cameras are talking now! What's next, go on a date with your CCTV camera?

I read somewhere about the irony that nearby George Orwell's house in Notting Hill, there is a camera.

I am now watching: Scratch that ... I am now being watched.

No comments: