Taking the quarter-life crisis global!

Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Financial Blogging is Fun Too!

Word of the day: precis
My boss told me to "precis" something yesterday. He meant summarize. I love this word now, because its basically a fancy word for what I do.

I'm Punny
After I left my days writing punny headlines all summer at Columbus Alive, an entertainment weekly in Columbus (stuff like this) in order to do the exact opposite at Global Custodian (on my first day, my boss says "no puns and all that crap"), I thought I would never again use the idiom dictionary again. But alas, today I started my first post on the GC blog and I found the use for puns again.

I decided my first weekly post would be about the Citi meltdown going on, and I surprised myself at how much fun I was having doing it ... Umm apparently blogging really is my journalistic sweet tooth. And then like a cherry on top, I got to come up with the punniest title I think even I have ever done:

"Sacks in the Citi."

I am now listening to: Radiohead--the band everyone always told me I'd like and I never got around to liking. Which brings me to the non-story of the day: So today I was on my way home and saw a blurb that Radiohead was playing for free at Rough Trade record store! So I jumped off the tube and went back the other way and made it to the East End a half-hour later! This was going to be my magical London moment! Wish I could say it were really true, but alas, it was an invite-only event. But that's OK; it was a nice day to take a walk around London.

No comments: