Taking the quarter-life crisis global!

Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Headline: Bank of Ellie Prepares for Sleep Takeover

Word of the day: reckon
I always thought American cowboys say it, but proper British people reckon things too.

Place of the day:
Today was American Day for my roommate Kendra and I, and so we went and got Twinkies at the only place that sells them in the UK it seems -- Cybercandy in Covent Garden. And then because we were on a kick, we hit up T.G.I. Friday's for way too much food.

News, News, News

I have been busy and important following the rogue trader from Société Générale, which is really much more exhilarating than a lot of slow stories that can happen in the financial world. Today I interviewed someone for a podcast, which I edited and then somehow managed to compress into a chipmunk song. Luckily my technical colleague in Tashkent, Uzbekistan (yeah, our tech team resides in this ambiguous office on the other side of the globe), to change Alvin into Ellie again.

Overall, a tiring but exhilarating day for both news and blood sugar ...

I am now reading: Um, let's just say "
Société Générale" is on a Google news alert.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i try to say "reckon" sometimes but it makes me twitch.

by the way, can i get an atm card to the bank of ellie?

-matt