Taking the quarter-life crisis global!

Monday, October 8, 2007

Wannabe Poet/Blogaholic

Summary: I need to stop making blogs!

Word of the day: soft cheese
Alas, I discovered my beloved cream cheese is called “soft cheese” in England. Let’s hope it tastes the same here.

What I learned today: Let’s just quote Jane Austen from Emma: “How often is happiness destroyed by preparation, foolish preparation!”

Next time I go to London I will…never have to get another National Insurance number again, thank god. Everyone who works in England is supposed to get one, kind of like SSN. Then they take about 10 percent from your paycheck to pay for their free-for-all healthcare, and if you are American, you don't get the benefits of this, boo. It took up half my day (but I confess that’s OK because now that I read all the time, I love long lines and waits).

Blogaholics Anonymous

Here’s how I chose to spend my evening: I started another blog! This is quite different, documenting the poetry I write here. There is a link to it on the left-hand side of the page, or just click here if you like amateur abstract art in the form of words.

Did I ever mention that my real dream is to write poetry? Because it is. But journalism and poetry are much the same, and I’m not the first to note it. Both have appreciation of the efficiency of words and quest for truth.

I am watching: Desperate Housewives, as soon as it loads on sidereel in a hundred years. Them b*tches are getting crazy!

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

You are a poet. You don't have to want to be one.