Taking the quarter-life crisis global!

Thursday, November 15, 2007

Anti-Clockwise Around the World

Word of the day: anti-clockwise
Yesterday I saw a sign in the underground station that said the “anti-clockwise” route on the Circle line was delayed. I’ll stick with counterclockwise, thank you much.

What I learned today: ... to be careful about setting up one's out of office auto reply … I accidentally backlogged it to every e-mail in my inbox, thanks to Apple's Mail application. So my poor colleague Christopher (who e-mails me several times a day) said it almost blew up his blackberry. And I'm sure various financial bigwigs in London are hating me right now.

What I love about London: So the same interview that fell through last week fell through today. So now I will be spending Thanksgiving interviewing the CEO of BNP Paribas in Paris. But with the new train station from St. Pancras, it will only be two hours to get there. London to Paris? Like Cincinnati to Columbus.

Subject: Out of Office Reply Subject: Out of Office Reply Subject: Out of Office Reply
Well in other news the iPhone hit Europe and so I had to hear about that all over again. (Good read: Why you should avoid the iPhone) I read in The London Paper that 26 women have let National insurance foot the surgery bill to make them virgins again. And the Spice Girls are working hard for their reunion tour, but Mel C is a little reluctant.

A week to remember in London.

The Apple store on Regent Street

I won’t be blogging this weekend because I will be taking an e-mail-free, phone-free, real, live holiday for four days in Amsterdam. So in case ANYONE out there didn’t get my e-mail today:

I am out of the office with no e-mail access until Tuesday the 20th
November. If your request is urgent, please call the London office at
+44 020.7939.9934. I will reply to your request as soon as I can.

Best regards,

Ellie Behling
Global Custodian

I am now watching: The Project Runway participants taking on Paris seasons ago.

No comments: