Taking the quarter-life crisis global!

Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Soup Tastes Better When Someone Else Makes It

Summary: I am sick and my blog is now translated into German.

Word of the day: spot
This is what you call the ugly red thing on my cheek.

What I learned today: All of the things network managers are looking for in their sub-custodians. That’s about it.

What I love about London: Getting groceries from the local grocer across the street. Actually, to tell you the truth I miss Kroger and don't care for the Tesco superstore here. But the local grocer thing is kind of fun some days.

I Want My Mama
So I am sick and being in another country when you are sick sucks. I guess I don’t really know why; maybe it is more like being away from all of the people who usually take care of you when you are sick sucks. It reminds me of the soup Matt brought over the last time I was sick or the way my mom watched TV with me on Christmas Eve when I had the flu. This time around no one even bothered asking me how I felt. My flatmate was relieved when I told her I wasn't throwing up, because she doesn't want to catch that. Well, my boss seemed concerned. He asked if I wanted to go to a wine-tasting party hosted by one of our custodian bank clients and then added, “Well maybe not, because you are sick. I hope you feel better.” That meant a lot actually.

What, do I want a big freakin’ pity party? Yeah I do.

But anyway, is anyone weirded out that I found someone had translated one of my blog posts into German? I’m still pretty unclear what this is about: http://tourism-industry.blogspot.com/2007/10/ellie-fhrt-nach-london-auf-meinem-j-in.html

I am now listening to: All of the songs from my Top 10 Songs for the Tube published yesterday. Today was melancholy, definitely an “Across the Universe” day.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

When you get back to the grand ol' US of A we should throw a pity party for you, complete with soup, medicine served on tap and cake filled with flu vaccine. All joking aside, I hope you feel better soon! And keep up the great work with the blog! It all starts off with German translation, but before you know it, you'll have a Wikipedia entry and you'll be taking over the world!

Brittany Kress said...

I am similarly weirded out, although maybe a bit more on the confused and amused side!

Unknown said...

haha -- confused and amused is a perfect way of putting it. There is this whole German subculture we don't understand.

BTW, I am better already, I am so lame. I stink at being sick. But Matt, I would still love a pity party! Thanks.