Taking the quarter-life crisis global!

Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Enchiladas and … Anywhere But Here?

Summary: I have been eating American-sized meals almost!

Word of the day: squash
This is fruit concentrate you mix with water (Kool-Aid-esque).

What I learned today: Long days don’t end after college. Oh no sir, my work habits have followed me everywhere. I definitely found the company where workaholics go to get crazier and have been editing page proofs all day in my boss’ basement. It is nice to be around people with good work ethic (some other people I have worked with don’t have it, and we've all had that experience), but I’m wondering when I will ever get a break again in life? One of my editors wants me to finish an article after I leave. I can’t do that! I think I might die if I don’t take a couple weeks off. I am burnt out from journalism and I don’t even have a job yet! haha

What I love about London: Here I am in a city with seven million people and I met someone who went to a rival high school of mine. She happened to be in the same party as me at a restaurant.

Enchiladas!
Finally I had Mexican food in London at Desperados in Angel (an area in the Islington borough, close to the inner city). I should have done it a long time ago to sustain me spiritually for my stay here. Of course, unlike an American portion, I could actually finish my whole plate and have room left over for $8 cheesecake. (How dare I covert the currency!)

I am now reading: If you care to know, I have been staring at ratings all day of agent banks in emerging markets. Do you know what those are? I don’t really, but I know they are important and that making sure they are accurate is really important to the industry that pays thousands to read our book!

No comments: