Taking the quarter-life crisis global!

Sunday, December 9, 2007

Still Frolicking About London

Summary: I still haven't run out of markets in London to visit. Or financial ones to write about, for that matter.

Word of the day
: chuck
Most of the time, you don’t throw things away in London, but you chuck them! I need to chuck a lot of things if I want to fit on the plane.

What I learned today: The awe of London doesn’t really ever wear off. I still felt like a child in Leicester Square today.

But by the way, I want to come home so badly.

What I love about London: A quote from my friend Joe about how we end up calling early nights in order to to get to the last tube: “London is so cool until midnight! It totally turns into a pumpkin!”


My last real London weekend to tell you about…

And I worked for most of it, boooooooooooooooo. (Did I mention how over work I am? I should’ve taken time off after college.) But today Hild, my friend from Norway, and I enjoyed a lovely London day. We walked under the Thames to Greenwich and enjoyed some markets there (big London surprise). And we also found the coolest shop that advertises as retro and kitsch: Flying Duck Enterprises, which is sadly closing soon, so unfortunately don’t bother!

Then we shot over on the Docklands Light Railway to Tower Hill in search of a Jack the Ripper tour that apparently doesn’t run on Sundays. But have no fear, Covent Garden and the most delicious hamburger ever at the Gourmet Burger Kitchen was only a bus ride away.

Afterward, I took this cheesy picture in Piccadilly Circus, and maybe saw Soho for the last time. Sigh.

Oh well, as much as these exploratory weekends have been fun, I miss the lazy ones I had in Ohio.

I am now watching: The last Grey’s Anatomy for a while. Boo, nothing to look forward to on Sidereel anymore. My life sucks.

No comments: